Tulsa Hub exists to help our neighbors achieve mobility - on the street and in society.
Adult Cycling Empowerment
A.C.E. is our signature Adult Earn-A-Bike Program. The only program of its kind in the state of Oklahoma, A.C.E. has helped over 800 adults gain reliable transportation, human powered.
- Our program serves people experiencing homelessness and chronic or temporary financial distress who lack reliable transportation.
- Participants earn a bicycle, lock, and helmet through attending two classes -- bike maintenance and riding safety. Because we value time as much as money, people may perform work trade hours if they are unable to pay the program fee.
It is our great joy to:
- Teach 2nd - 5th graders bicycle maintenance and safety skills, integrated with Social-Emotional learning, through our after school Bike Club and before and after school Bike Caravan at Sequoyah Elementary School.
- Collaborate with the YMCA to host a Summer Bike Institute each summer, through which we and our partners have provided over 400 bicycles and safety gear to participating students;
- Host an integrated internship program serving youth living in at-risk situations. We have hosted 5 high-school students who have learned bicycle mechanic skills in our shop.
Throughout the year, we host:
- Weekly community bike shop nights;
- Educational group rides and tours;
- Quarterly membership events;
- Annual "Spokeasy" signature fundraiser;
- Bicycle rodeos;
- Public riding safety and maintenance classes;
- And more!
Sign up for our e-newsletter.