Tulsa Hub exists to help our neighbors achieve mobility - on the street and in society.
Adult Cycling Empowerment
A.C.E. is our signature Adult Earn-A-Bike Program. The only program of its kind in the state of Oklahoma, A.C.E. has helped over 800 adults gain reliable transportation, human powered.
- Our program serves people experiencing homelessness and chronic or temporary financial distress who lack reliable transportation.
- Participants earn a bicycle, lock, and helmet through attending two classes -- bike maintenance and riding safety. Because we value time as much as money, people may perform work trade hours if they are unable to pay the program fee.
It is our great joy to:
- Work with 7th and 8th graders at Tulsa School of Arts and sciences each day through our ABLE (Adolescent Bicyclists as Leaders Education) Program, exploring leadership and community engagement through the lens of bicycling.
- Host our Leaders On Bikes Summer Learning Academy in June each year for students entering 7th - 12th grade. The camp explores themes of identity, power, boundaries, and community engagement through the symbol of the bicycle.
- Host an integrated internship program serving youth living in at-risk situations. We have hosted 5 high-school students who have learned bicycle mechanic skills in our shop.
Throughout the year, we host:
- Weekly community bike shop nights;
- Educational group rides and tours;
- Quarterly membership events;
- Annual "Spokeasy" signature fundraiser;
- Bicycle rodeos;
- Public riding safety and maintenance classes;
- And more!
Sign up for our e-newsletter.